Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mango Lassi




Now it might have been the Olympics, or possibly the world cup, but lately I've been feeling a real sense of identity. My latest creation has a real sense of where I come from. It really makes me feel like I'm in the Motherland. Granted, I have never been to India...But if I went, and had a Mango Lassi, I'm pretty sure this is what it would taste like. 
Also, ever since watching Bend it like Beckham I've felt the need to be able to make a "full Indian dinner"...I know its just a drink, but its a start. 

The use of yogurt in this recipe and the minimal sugar which can be left out completely makes it a healthy favorite that everyone will love! 

Recipe Adapted from "Indian: A collection of over 100 Essential Recipes" 
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
1 Large Mango, Peeled, Pitted and Coarsely Chopped.
3 Cups Plain Yogurt
1 Cup Cold Water 
2Tsp Sugar
Fresh Lime juice To taste (or leave it out)
Ice Cubes 
Ground Ginger to decorate 

Method:
1.) Put the Mango in the Food Processor or blender (I use a magic bullet for smaller portions) until smooth. Add water and process again to blend.
2.) Add sugar, depending on how sweet the mango is and how you like to enjoy your lassi. 
3.) Taste and add lime juice if you wish, to your liking
4.) Fill 4-6 Glasses with ice and and pour in mango lassi. Garnish with ground ginger (optional) or blueberries on a toothpick :P


1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete